Check Point Security Admin Training
Check Point Security Administration I NGX (R65) is a foundation course for Check Point’s flagship product, VPN-1 (NGX R65). This course provides an understanding of basic concepts and skills necessary to configure VPN-1. During this course, students will configure a Security Policy, and learn about managing and monitoring a secure network.
Delegates attending this course will learn:
• How VPN-1 components and Check Point’s three-tier architecture works to secure your network
• How to perform command-line operations using Check Point’s SecurePlatform operating system
• How to back up critical files and directories, for availability and timely recovery of Security Gateways and SmartCenter Servers
• How to create objects and rules and modify a Security Policy’s properties
• How to use monitoring tools to track, monitor, and account for all connections logged by Check Point components
• How to configure network-bandwidth requirements and interpret the results
• How to use Network Address Translation to overcome IP addressing limitations
• How to verify the identity of users logging in to VPN-1 using authentication schemes
• How to implement LDAP, and integrate it with a SmartCenter Server
• How to protect organizations from known network attacks and entire categories of emerging or unknown attacks, using SmartDefense
• How to configure Web-filtering and antivirus settings on a Gateway to ensure traffic content is inspected for specific conditions.
This course meets the requirements for the Check Point Certified Security Administrator (CCSA) NGX R65 certification. A separate examination is available for those delegates who wish to have a formal qualification.
This course is designed for systems administrators, security managers, and network engineers who manages NGX R65 Security Gateway deployments
Delegates should have basic networking knowledge, knowledge of Windows Server and/or UNIX, and experience with TCP/IP and the Interney
• Installing and configuring the SmartCenter Server
• Installing SecurePlatform Pro on the Security Gateway
• Configuring the Security Gateway using the WebUI
• Configure an interface as your management connection using the sysconfig utility
• Backing up a current configuration from the command line
• Create network objects
• Establish trust between a Gateway and SmartCenter Server
• Develop a network model using SmartMap
• Create a Policy Package to configure a Rule Base
• Enable Static NAT on a network
• Simulate a malicious network intrusion, and blocking the attack
• Enforce the Suspicious Activity Rule with SmartView monitor
• Create user templates and define users
• Test Client Authentication
• Configure SmartDirectory using Microsoft Active directory to authenticate users
• Configure QoS rules to support traffic-priority requirements
• Configure SmartDefense to detect port scans and successive multiple-connection attempts
• Configure Web Intelligence to detect a simple worm signature
Course duration: 3 Days
Price: £1795 + VAT
Check Point Security Admin Training Inverness, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dunfermline and other sites throughout the UK including onsite closed company courses are available.
Check Point Security Admin Training in Ghana, Nigeria and Qatar is also available.