Online Contract Management Training
Principles of Contract Management
The essentials of contract management for engineers, non-contracting professionals, those starting a career in the commercial world and those with a need for commercial attributes in their role
This 2-day course delivers and insight and understanding of the principles of contract administration from inception of a project through to contract close out.
It focuses on the administrative aspects of contracts, negotiations, the transition process after contract signature, change management and dispute management.
It considers the commercial relationship and delivers knowledge which supports the rigours of Attributes 5A and 5C for ICE Chartership.
It will give you the confidence to manage relationships with suppliers and the skills to manage costs and risk.
The program focuses on teaching contemporary best practices in a manner which the student will find interesting and immediately useful in both their personal and professional life.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals involved in or supporting contracting who want to improve their commercial management skills
- Project managers needing training in commercial management
- General audiences wanting to gain a basic understanding of commercial management.
- Those looking to meet Attribute 5A and 5C for ICE Chartership
- Account Managers, Site Construction Managers, Bid Managers, Program / Project Managers, Functional and Subject Matter Experts, Finance Managers, Facilities Managers.
Objectives and understanding
- Contract lifecycle management from contract initiation to contract close-out
- The processes involved in managing contracts in a professional working environment
- The customer’s and supplier’s perspective of the process
- How to evaluate suppliers and their bids and proposals
- The importance of relationship management in achieving successful outcomes
Understand and manage discussions about contracts in a commercial context
Manage supplier and customer relations to achieve a positive trading environment
Contribute to pre-contract signature activities, increasing the chances of successful contract outcomes
Understand how to manage both risk and opportunity in contracts
Know enough about contract law to avoid basic errors and when to involve experts
Be aware of the steps required to support contract implementation
Provides knowledge supporting Attribute 5A and 5C for ICE Chartership
Duration: 2 Days
Cost: £495 + Vat
Contract Management Training Online
Contract Training Online
Virtual Contract Training