Level 4 (Level 8 Diploma in Accounting – Scotland)
The aim of this qualification is to enhance the skills developed in the intermediate level. You’ll look at financial team leader skills, including financial statements for limited companies, complex management skills and specialist learning areas.
Upon completion, you will automatically become an AAT affiliate member and with relevant work experience will qualify for AAT full membership.
Who it’s for
The advanced level will suit you if:
- You’ve completed the intermediate accounting level and would like to build your skills
- You’re already working in finance and you’d like a formal recognition of your skills
- You would like to go onto be an AAT full member or study for chartered status
How long you’ll study
- AAT qualifications offer a flexible way to study, so you can study full-time, part-time, from home or online.
- You will spend about a year on each level, but depending on your study method or course timetable it may be as little as six months.
What you’ll learn
The advanced level consists of the four mandatory units listed below, and two specialist units (from a choice of five):
- Financial statements
- Financial performance
- Internal control and accounting systems
- Specialist units
Possible jobs after completing this qualification
- Accounts Payable and Expenses Supervisor
- Assistant Financial Accountant
- Commercial Analyst
- Cost Accountant
- Fixed Asset Accountant
- Indirect Tax Manager
- Payments and Billing Manager
- Payroll Manager
- Senior Bookkeeper
- Senior Finance Officer
- Senior Fund Accountant
- Senior Insolvency Administrator
- Tax Supervisor
- VAT Accountant
After completing AAT Level 4 Diploma in Accounting (Level 8 in Scotland), your typical salary range will be between £12,600 to £26,000.
This salary range is taken from AAT’s 2013 Salary Survey for people working full-time. The range represents the middle 75% at this level of the qualification.
AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting via Distance Learning:
Our Distance Learning package includes*:
- Tutorial & Workbook per exam includes E-Copy
- Revision Kit – Access to online learning portal with additional revision materials
- Pocket Notes
- 6 x Exams plus x Mock exams
- 18 months unlimited telephone and e-mail tutor support
*Annual Membership fee plus registration to be paid by the student.
AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting Inverness, Highlands