Virtual Technical Report Writing Training
Taking into account the latest Government recommendations regarding social distancing and working from home regarding the COVID-19 outbreak, we have made the decision in conjunction with the trainers that this course will now be delivered via distance learning. The course will still have all the course work, workshops and interactivity as those delivered in the classroom, allowing for the same level of learning while taking into account the recommendations for these special circumstances. There will be a live trainer facilitating this course from 9:00 – 17:00 GMT.
Many professionals lack confidence in their report-writing skills, and feel that their credibility suffers because their written reports are not a fair reflection of their expertise. Anyone involved in technical work will quickly discover the challenges presented when trying to communicate their ideas, information, proposals or recommendations to colleagues and clients. All too often, the impact of many hours of work can hinge on the ability to explain the results effectively to others.
Executive summaries are increasingly important: they make an initial impact, particularly on senior decision makers or management, and may be used by readers who will never need the full report.
The course includes discussion of how to write an effective and engaging summary and the opportunity to put ideas into practice.
On completion of the course, delegates will:
• have a clear understanding of identifying their audience and the needs of their readers e.g. decision makers, infrastructure designers, the public
• know how to design a document structure to effectively deliver their message
• appreciate how to identify the necessary content and have an appropriate layout
• be much better able to write clearly and unambiguously
• know the readily available tools to assist with report writing
• have an appreciation of how to structure data to achieve maximum impact
• know how to revise and thoroughly check the document
• be able to present the report effectively to achieve reader understanding, acceptance and buy-in
• be able to reference and quote correctly and following guidelines around copyright and reproduction
Who should attend
This programme is suitable for transportation practitioners at all levels wishing to improve their technical writing skills; it is also particularly useful for those new to technical report writing in a business and consultancy context.
• Planning your report
• Structuring specific technical reports eg infrastructure design, traffic management, action planning, public consultation, policy papers
• Reader-friendly formatting and layout
• How to use software aids for better writing
• Grammar and styling
• Assessment of your writing style
• Plain language writing for a non-technical audience
Duration: 1 Day
Cost: £365 + Vat
Online Technical Report Writing Training
Online Technical Report Writing Course
Technical Report Writing Online Training
Technical Report Writing Online Training Course