Online PRINCE2 Foundation Training
PRINCE2 is one of the world’s most widely used project management methods. Based on best-practice, the method can be applied to any project irrespective of its size, industry sector, geographic location or culture.
This course provides a definitive overview of PRINCE2. We cover its four integrated components – the principles, themes, processes and project environment. We also look at management roles required in a PRINCE2 project and what management products must be created to ensure the project is delivered in a coordinated, consistent and transparent manner.
The course has been designed by award-winning instructional designers to ensure that it provides an interactive and engaging introduction to PRINCE2. Our experienced PRINCE2 experts explain the method through a wide range of individual and group exercises, case-study application, learning games and practice exam questions.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course but delegates would benefit from some experience of working in projects prior to attendance. We recommend that you have access to a personal device for extra curricula work.
- You will be provided with a number of short activities to complete, including access to interactive video-based learning, which will help you prepare for the course. These activities are expected to take approximately six hours to complete (although you may wish to spend longer to help you prepare more effectively).
- The benefits of pre-course reading are outlined in this short, entertaining animation:
- Demonstrate that you understand and can recall the various components of the PRINCE2 method.
- Explain the PRINCE2 principles.
- Explain the purpose of the seven PRINCE2 themes.
- Describe each step of the PRINCE2 journey, listing the activities required to guide a project throughout its lifecycle.
- Identify the recommended PRINCE2 management products which include baselines, records and reports.
The course focuses on the components of the method and how they help to structure project delivery. You should note that evening work will be assigned, which is not expected to exceed two hours per night.
Specific course content will include:
- The structure of the method and the guide will be introduced before we discuss the context within which a PRINCE2 project operates.
- The seven PRINCE2 principles provide the framework for managing the project and are built on good practice developed from successful and failed projects.
- Themes and processes
The seven PRINCE2 themes are aspects of the project that must be continually addressed and integrated as the project journeys through its life cycle.
- Business case
The seven PRINCE2 processes encompass the chronological activities that are required to direct, manage and deliver the project successfully. The activities include pre-project, initiation and delivery, and end with project closure.
- Starting up a Project
- Directing a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
Examination details: Foundation
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Questions (OTQ): 60
- Pass mark: 55%
- Use of textbook: No
- Timing: End of Day 2
PRINCE2® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Exam included – worth £216
Exam preparation aids
Dedicated tutor support via email during your course from expert instructors
Duration: 2 Days
Cost: £795 + Vat
Virtual PRINCE2 Foundation Training
Online PRINCE2 Foundation Training
Attend from Anywhere PRINCE2 Foundation Training
PRINCE2 Foundation E-Learning
Virtual PRINCE2 Training
Online PRINCE2 Training
Attend from Anywhere PRINCE2 Training