Online Managing Contractors Training
Even once self-contained organisations have found that greater efficiency can be achieved by contracting. Initially this was confined to ancillary activities, but today even core operations may be fulfilled through a supply chain of contractors and subcontractors.
But there are perils too. Contractors are often involved in high risk work and accident rates amongst contracting staff are typically higher than for direct employees.
Who is it for?
Anyone responsible for engaging, planning or supervising the work of contractors. The course is applicable to all contractor types but does not deal with the specific requirements of the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015 for construction contractors.
What will you be able to do?
• Understand the basic forms of contract and their implications on health and safety responsibility.
• Actions which can affect the operation of the contract and liabilities of parties.
• The importance of planning and defining the works to be conducted.
• Processes in the selection of competent contractors.
• Managing contractors on site.
• Checking contractor performance
• Post contract review.
Duration: 1 Day
Cost: £195 + Vat