Virtual JCT 2016 Training
The course will provide an overview of the JCT 2016 family of contracts, specifically focussing on the Standard Building Contract With Quantities (SBC/Q).
Case Studies will be used throughout the day.
Session 1 The JCT 2016 Family of Contracts – which JCT contract for
The Standard Building Contract With Quantities (SBC/Q 2016)
Session 2 Carrying out the Works
- General Obligations
- Possession and Completion
- Adjustment of Completion Date
Session 3 Control of the Works
Session 4 Payment
- Contract Sum and Adjustments
- Certificates and Payments
Session 5 Variations
Session 6 Injury, Damage and Insurance
Session 7 Assignment, Third Party Rights and Termination
Session 8 Settlement of Disputes
At the end of the course, participants should be able to: –
- Appreciate the structure and use of the JCT 2016 family of documents
- Understand the more important clauses of the new contracts
- Appreciate the roles and responsibilities of the key parties.
- Properly understand a JCT 2016 contract.
Tutor : K.J. Hughes FCIOB FCABE MAPM MCIArb FFAVE (Emeritus)
Kelvin Hughes is a contract consultant with over 45 years’ experience in advising Employers, Consultants, Contractors and Subcontractors on all forms of contract, claims and dispute resolution.
Duration: 1 Day
Cost: £225 + Vat
Online JCT Training
Online JCT 2016 Training Course
Live JCT Training
JCT 2016 E-Learning
JCT Online Training
JCT Online Course