Online QGIS Training
Who is it for?
This is an introductory course on how to use QGIS, with examples using environmental data. It is suited for those with no or minimal experience of using QGIS, but you should have reasonable computer skills (eg know how to install programs, how to navigate the folder structure on your computer and how to organise files). The training is delivered as a series of practical exercises with provided data.
What will I get out of it?
- understand how to use QGIS to view and style spatial data
- be able to set up a project (including choosing the coordinate reference system)
- make use of open and other data sources
- create your own data
- carry out basic geoprocessing operations (buffer and clip)
- create report quality outputs
- troubleshoot frequently encountered problems
- access to an experienced and knowledgeable trainer
- digital copies of course hand outs
- information on where to find out more
What topics are covered?
- Installing GIS
- Navigating the display
- Setting up a project
- Adding different types of data (vector, raster, csv)
- Adding data via WMS
- Cartography basics (symbology and labelling)
- Making your own data (polygons, lines and points)
- Making your own data (georeferencing from an image)
- Finding data online
- Basic geoprocessing
- Creating maps for reports
The course is taught by Judith Nathanail – an experienced trainer who works as an environmental consultant and who knows how to help all course attendees get the most from the training. Judith uses all sorts of different data to solve environmental problems and also has long standing experience as a trainer in a range of technical subjects.
Duration: 1 Day
Cost: £375 + Vat
Online QGIS Training Course
Virtual QGIS Training Course
QGIS Online Training Course
QGIS |Virtual Training Course