Online HAZOP Training Course
The Introduction to HAZOP Course is a one day course intended to provide an introduction to the fundamentals of a HAZOP study.
As part of the Risk Analysis process detailed in international standards IEC 61508 and IEC 61511, Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) tools such as HAZop and OPerability (HAZOP) are used to identify potential undesirable events that could lead to hazardous scenarios or operability problems within a process.
Course Learning Objectives
By the end of this course, participants should have an appreciation of:
- The concept of Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) in the context of the requirements of IEC 61508 and IEC 61511
- The concept of Hazard, Risk and the As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP) principle
- Essential Features of a HAZOP Study
- Structured Methodology applied in a HAZOP study
- The concept of Risk Ranking and Risk Matrices for use in the study
- Application of HAZOP studies for Batch Processes
- Key Points when preparing for a HAZOP workshop
- Use and application of the software package ProSet’s PHA Comp Module to conduct and record PHA studies
Programme for 1 day Introduction to HAZOP Training Course
|1||8:30 – 8:40||Introduction to the course|
|2||8:40 – 10:00||Introduction to HAZOP|
|3||10:15 – 12:00||HAZOP Procedures|
|4||13:00 – 14:30||HAZOP preparation, reporting and special arrangements|
|5||14:45 – 16:00||Workshops and Exercises|
|6||16:00 – 16:30||Open Forum|
|16:30 COURSE FINISH|
Qualifications, Skills, Competence gained
- Certificate setting out the key topics covered in the course.
- Knowledge of key concepts that underpin PHA studies.
- Understand the structured methodology used in HAZOP Workshops
- Tools to conduct an effective and efficient HAZOP study
- HAZOP Workshops with real examples to demonstrate an understanding of the HAZOP process.
Who will benefit
The course is aimed at those who have responsibilities within the scope of IEC 61511. In particular:
- Plant managers of process plants who have responsibility for the management of functional safety
- Control and instrumentation engineers, chemical engineers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers who have a responsibility or are expected to participate in Process Hazard Analysis workshops, specification, design, operation and maintenance of plants employing Safety Instrumented Systems
- Project Managers and Key Stakeholders who have overall responsibility for ensuring safety and need to be aware of Major Accident Hazards (MAHs)
Duration: 1 Day
Cost: £300 + Vat
Virtual HAZOP Training Course
HAZOP Training Online
Remote HAZOP Training