Project Planning and Control Training
THE PROJECT MODEL
2. PRINCIPLES OF PROJECT CONTROL (LECTURE & DISCUSSION)
– Key decisions in setting up the project model; “What”, “Who” and “How” the work should be performed.
– The control cycle.
– The importance of monitoring Scope, Schedule, Cost, Quality and Resources.
3. WORK BREAKDOWN STRUCTURES (LECTURE AND GROUP EXERCISES)
– To demonstrate the use of this technique to describe the scope of the project and develop the basic controls.
4. PLANNING AND SCHEDULING (LECTURE AND EXERCISES)
To familiarise the participants with various methods of scheduling including the fundamentals of network planning with examples of the different methods :
– Gantt and bar charts
– Basic elements of networks
– precedence diagrams
– Early/late start. Early/late finish.
– The three types of float.
– Finding the key sequence that limits the overall duration of the project.
– Choosing the economic solution to shorten the duration.
– Using the network plan to assess the project status and identify solutions to problems.
– Resource management.
5. THE PROJECT (VIDEO)
Re-emphasis of the basic project management characteristics.
Duration: 1 Day
Cost: £325 + VAT