Supplier Relationship Management Training
|5 Key Take Aways|
|1.||Understand the requirements for implementing and managing a Supplier Relationship Management initiative.|
|2.||Understand what Supplier Relationship Management is and what it can deliver.|
|3.||Identify the six common types of supplier relationships and how to define when each is appropriate.|
|4.||Understand the thinking, practices and behaviours required to manage each type of relationship and how each delivers the best outcome for both parties.|
|5.||An increased capability to deliver cost and value improvement to your organisation through better Supplier Relationship Management.|
- Introduction and scene setting
- Trainer and delegate introductions
- What is supplier relationship management(SRM)
- Why SRM is important and what it can deliver to organisations
- An overview on six types of supplier relationships
- The five main aspects to consider when planning and managing a relationship with a supplier.
- Effective SRM starts during the sourcing process
- Why definition of the appropriate relationship strategy has to be done as part of the sourcing process..
- How to assess supplier capability to build the required relationship.
- Contractual underpinning of a relationship.
- An overview on key SRM enablers
- Handover from sourcing team to SRM team
- Identifying and engaging key stakeholders
- Building the relationship plan
- Building the relationship charter
- An appropriate relationship organisation
- Creating an appropriate relationship governance process
- Appropriate communication processes
The needs on each of the above enablers will vary from relationship to relationship.
- A closer look at each of the six relationship types
- Setting and communicating the direction for the relationship
- Organisational roles
- Required governance structure
- Key processes
- Tools and techniques that may be required
- Influencing and behaviour
- Relationship Development
- Identifying opportunities
- Potential risks and how to manage them
- Updating the relationship strategy
- Relationship close
- Terminating the relationship
- Managing the consequences of termination
Course Duration: 2 Days
Cost: £595 + VAT
Supply Relationship Management training Scotland, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Inverness and onsite course available throughout the UK and Internationally.