NEC4 Professional Service and PS Short Contract Training
Why you should attend this workshop?
This one-day workshop introduces you to the NEC4 Professional Service Contract (PSC) and Professional Service Short Contract (PSSC). It briefly introduces you to the common principles applicable to the NEC family of contracts. It then focuses on the requirements for the pre-contract information (Contract Data and Scope) of the NEC4 Professional Service Contract (PSC) and Professional Service Short Contract (PSSC) and the post-contract management processes. In the morning you will gain an understanding of the requirements for the preparation or pricing of the tender documents. Then in the afternoon you will learn how to manage the delivery phase of the contract (as Client or Consultant). The course also introduces the NEC4 Professional Service Short Contract and the NEC4 Professional Service Subcontract.
Attendees of this course will gain a clear understanding of the preparation and management of NEC Professional Service Contracts. They will understand the intent of the specific contractual clauses and in practical terms begin to see how they should use the contract provisions to either manage the contract or to deliver the Client’s requirements as a Consultant.
You will learn about:
- the structure of Professional Service Contracts including the main and secondary options
- the key differences between the provisions for of the PSC and PS Short Contracts
- the new role of the Service Manager
- preparing the Contract Data and Scope for tender
- the important PSC contract management processes, in particular early warnings, communications, progress/time, defects, payments and compensation events
- assessing compensation events
- the main changes between NEC3 and NEC4 PSC
This workshop is at an introductory level and is recommended for Client, and Consultant’s staff who have recently started working or are about to be working on PSC contracts. It aimed at those who are relatively new to NEC contracts. Those who have prior experience of the NEC3 PSC are recommended to attend one of our intermediate/advanced level courses rather than this introductory level course.
Course duration: 1 Day
Cost: £245 + Vat