NEC4 Professional Service and PS Short Contract Training
Why you should attend this workshop?
This one-day workshop introduces you to the NEC4 Professional Service Contract (PSC) and Short Contract (PSSC)– assuming attendees already have an understanding of the suite of NEC contracts. It focuses on practical issues in preparing the pre-contract information (Contract Data and Scope) and the new role of the Service Manager. An overview of the main clauses and the changes from NEC3 is followed by a review of the requirements for preparation of Contract Data and Scope – using a typical project to consider requirements for Time, Cost and Quality and also to develop a risk management strategy. That same example project is used in the afternoon as the basis for exercises dealing with the contract management processes. The course also introduces the NEC4 Professional Service Short Contract and the NEC4 Professional Service Subcontract and considers when they could be used.
Attendees of this course will have a much clearer understanding of the range of NEC Professional Service Contracts available. They will understand the intent of the specific contractual clauses and in practical terms begin to see how they should use the contract provisions to either manage the contract or to deliver the Client requirements as a Consultant.
You will learn about:
- how Professional Service Contracts are used within the design supply chain
- the main and secondary options in the PSC
- the key differences between the provisions for of the PSC and PS Short Contracts
- the main changes between NEC3 and NEC4 PSC
- the role of the Service Manager
- preparing the Contract Data and Scope for tender – assessing project risks and writing the Contract data accordingly
- the important PSC contract management processes, in particular early warnings, communications, progress/time, defects, payments and compensation events
- assessing compensation events using the defined ECSC processes and other available NEC guidance
- typical ECSC pitfalls and how to avoid them – based on exercises using a typical project example
This workshop is at an intermediate level and is recommended for Client and Consultant’s staff who already have some experience of preparing and/or managing NEC3 PSC or PSSC contracts. It assumes some prior experience of either form of contract. The course focusses on practical issues in both preparing and managing the NEC4 form of the Professional Service suite of contracts.
Course duration: 1 Day
Cost: £245 + Vat
NEC4 PSC Training Scotland, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Inverness, Aberdeen and onsite courses available throughout the UK.