NEC4 Short Contact (ECSC) Training
Why you should attend this workshop?
This one-day workshop briefly introduces you to the common principles applicable to the NEC family of contracts. It then focuses on the requirements for the pre-contract information (Contract Data and Scope) of the NEC4 Engineering and Construction Short Contract (ECSC) and its post-contract management processes. In the morning you will gain an understanding of the requirements for the preparation of the tender documents and the development of a pricing strategy. Then in the afternoon you will learn how to manage the construction phase of the contract.
Attendees of this course will have a much clearer understanding of the intent of the specific contractual clauses and in practical terms begin to see how they should administer them for the benefit of all parties on a particular project.
You will learn about:
- when this particular form of contract is particularly suitable – as a main contract or as a subcontract for a main ECC contract
- the main changes between NEC3 and NEC4 EC Short Contract
- preparing the Contract Data and Scope for tender
- the roles and responsibilities of the Employer and Contractor
- the important ECSC processes, in particular early warning, communications, programmes, defects, payments and compensation events
- typical ECSC pitfalls and how to avoid them
This workshop is at an introductory level and is recommended for Client, Consultant’s and Contractor’s staff who have recently started working or are about to be working on an ECSC contract. It aimed at those who are relatively new to NEC contracts. Those who have prior experience of the NEC3 ECSC or of the full ECC are recommended to attend one of our intermediate/advanced level courses rather than this introductory level course.
Course duration: 1 Day
Cost: £245 + Vat
NEC4 ECSC Training Scoltand, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Inverness, Aberdeen and onsite courses available throughout the UK.