Best practice Asphalt Training
This is courseis for all personnel involved in the construction and maintenance of asphalt roads.
PART 1 Course content on the day
- Basic asphalt technology.
- Why roads fail, recognising the importance of best practice in new construction and maintenance.
- Selecting the surface course – HRA, SMA or asphaltic concrete
- The range of maintenance options and guidance on what to use where.
- New roads, requirements of the granular foundations and each new asphalt pavement layer.
- Production and transport of asphalts, including what sometimes goes wrong.
- “Warm” and “cold” asphalts, what are they and are they as good as hot asphalt?
- Site preparation work including adjusting ironwork, planing, bond coats and tack coats.
- Asphalt paving
- Compaction and joints.
- Detailing for strip widening – widening from single track to twin track
- Sampling and testing
Experienced delegates polish up their knowledge of new materials, processes and specification requirements and who want to ensure they are familiar with recent changes in materials and specification clauses.
Less experienced delegates gain a good grounding in asphalt technology and current best practices in both road construction and maintenance.
The course starts at 9.00am and finishes at 4.30 pm with two, 15 minute comfort breaks and a 40 minute lunch break.
*The lecturer is a self-confessed asphalt anorak and offers free, non-legal, e-mail asphalt advice to course delegates for the ensuing two years.
Duration: 1 Day
Cost: £275 + VAT