Minute Taking Training
- To plan how you prepare effectively before, during and after you take minutes.
- To explain the importance of a well-structured agenda
- To examine some note taking techniques.
- To look at three minute taking styles.
- To explore some well-established methods for formatting minutes.
- To produce a set of minutes for a meeting.
Description of course
Few people who have to minute meetings have had any formal training and just learn from experiences. This course will help you improve your skills and reduce the time it takes you to deal with changes. You will be taken through a step-by-step process of active listening and note-taking to the final production of the minutes.
This is a practical course will give you the opportunity to learn how to:
- Take notes
- Format minutes
- Write clearly and concisely
- Able to give others what they need from your minutes easily and accurately.
- Boost your confidence
- Understand and develop a good working relationship with the Chair
- Learn by doing
The methods have an advantage over discussion-based or instructional approaches. The memory of a discussion can easily be lost. The experience of doing is harder to forget.
- More personal
The learning is more immediate and personally meaningful. We are provided with a test-bed to explore our best and worst presentation skills in a safe but challenging laboratory context
- Active and spontaneous
Participants actively practise the essential social skills of co-operation, trust, tolerance, self-control and problem-solving, among other essential skills. These are not merely discussed as abstract concepts, but are made tangible and immediate
- Enables practice
This method allows the participant to practice and test new skills and new roles – and self reflection.
Cost: £195 + VAT
Minimum class size: 6
Maximum class size: 12
Duration: 1 Day
Minute Taking Training Inverness, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dunfermline and other sites throughout the UK including onsite closed company courses are available.