Functional Safety Training
The course will focus on the fundamentals of Functional Safety, incorporating the generic standard IEC 61508, which is a key cornerstone of subject and other related standards. The course continues and sets out the relationships to other sector and product standards.
This is a standalone course for people interested in finding out more on Functional Safety and is a benefit for those attending the TÜV Rheinland FS Engineer’s course, providing a grounding/reminder of the foundations of Functional Safety in advance of the four-day course.
Course Learning Objectives
By the end of this course, participants should have an appreciation of
- Management of functional safety
- Safety Lifecycle Concepts
- Compliance framework for IEC 61508
- Functional safety and the role of IEC 61508 and other related standards in achieving functional safety
- The concept of risk reduction, risk reduction parameters and the concept of a tolerable risk
- The concept of a safety function with respect to its functionality and its performance
- The role of a safety-related, other engineered measures and risk parameters in achieving a tolerable risk
- Concept of Safety Integrity and Safety Integrity Level (SIL)
- SIL determination concepts and methods
- Functional Safety Assessment and Certification
- Full Course Outline is available here
|1||08:30 – 09:30||Fundamentals of functional safety: #1|
|2||09:30 – 10:30||Fundamentals of functional safety: # 2|
|3||10:45 -12:00||Fundamentals of functional safety: # 3|
|4||13:00 – 14:45||Design essentials to achieve a specified SIL|
|5||15:00 – 16:00||Tolerable risk concepts & SIL determination|
|6||16:00 – 16:30||Management of functional safety|
|7||16:30 – 17:00||Open Forum||General discussion & feedback|
|17:00 COURSE FINISH|
Qualifications, Skills, Competence gained
- Certificate setting out the key topics covered in the course
- Enhanced knowledge of functional safety that will facilitate improved decision-making
Who will benefit
- All persons who need to have an appreciation of functional safety in general and international standard IEC 61508 and associated standards covering sectors and products
- Persons who already have some appreciation of functional safety but wish to gain a better appreciation of the management of functional safety and its core concepts
- Candidates attending one of ESC’s TÜV Rheinland FS Engineer courses.
Duration: 1 Day
Cost: £350 + Vat
Functional Safety Training Scotland, England, Wales, Ireland, UK.
Functional Safety Training Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Inverness and onsite courses available throughout-out the UK.