BIM – A Virtual Project
Virtual Project is a 3 day multidisciplinary course using best practice collaborative BIM processes and technologies, based on our award-winning Build Sydney Live and Build Qatar Live projects.
The course is intended for senior and middle management of client, design, construction and FM organisations and will improve their understanding of how to plan the implementation of a BIM process for the benefit of a project. The BIM process requires the interaction and collaboration of architects, engineers, planners, surveyors, contractors and suppliers throughout the project delivery cycle. This process needs to be planned, resourced and managed.
The course allows delegates from different backgrounds and skill levels to experience BIM tools and processes in a supervised collaborative environment based on a real project. The course subject is based on one of our template projects.
The processes adopted will be aligned to UK industry best practice, including PAS 1192-2:2013.
The course will be delivered in training suites in Glasgow and Inverness which are equipped with a projection wall, desktop PCs and laptops with access to software licenses and network connectivity.
Experienced BIM Academy staff will be on hand throughout to manage the BIM implementation provide advice and support.
The course will run from 09.00 – 17.00 each day. Refreshments and a light lunch will be provided.
Questionnaire issued to all delegates to establish attendees and their existing experience and knowledge of BIM. This will help in allocation of tasks during the project.
- Introduction to the workshop and meet the team
- What is BIM with case studies
- What is the government strategy including standards and protocols such as PAS1192:2&3?
- Design brief, Employers Information Requirements (EIR) and Asset Information Requirements (AIR)
Identification of BIM processes including: – Design authoring
– Design coordination
– Model federation and validation
– Environmental analysis
– Dataset development and export (COBie or equivalent)
– Construction simulation (4D)
– Estimating and cost management (5D)
– Facilities Management (6D) – Visualisation
- Development of a BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Introduction to the Common Data Environment (CDE)
- Data Drop 1
- Design review (development of the concept mass model and area scheduling)
- Energy analysis
- Closing summary
- Design authoring (light training on model authoring and cost tools)
- Model navigation and reviewing (free tools)
- Model federation and clash detection
- Introduction to 4BIM
- Data drop 2a/b
- Model auditing
- Introduction to cost modelling
- 4D construction simulation
- Closing summary
- Introduction to family creation
- 4D construction simulation delegate development
- Introduction to 2D detailing and rendering
- Populating models with data
- Further model federation and clash detection
- Data drop 3
- Facilities management integration
- Delegate presentation
- Lessons learned workshop
Duration: 3 Days
Cost: £995 + VAT
A more detailed course outline is available on request.
Please click here for additional course info.
BIM Training Scotland, Glasgow, Inverness, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Fife and other sites throughout the UK including onsite closed company courses are available.