Course duration: 3 Days
A course built on the premise that it is people’s personal skills that deliver results in a negotiation process.
The aim of the course is to develop an awareness of our individual styles and their strengths and weaknesses and prepare a plan for maximising our effect and results.
Who should attend?
Teams that are looking to make a difference in the level of performance in negotiation. Those who recognise the impact of personal skill on negotiation results. Teams looking for insight and challenge in their negotiating learning
Review of the negotiating process
· Planning for success
· Managing for success
· Do’s and don’ts in managing the process
· How to build trust
· How we influence people
· Common vision, or carrot and stick?
· How we each deal with conflict
· Assert, aggress, accommodate and avoid models of behaviour
· How we each contribute to a team
· Belbin style team profiles reviewed
Cultures and negotiation
· Stereotypes, dangers of…
· How different cultures view negotiation
· Cultural dimensions in negotiation
· Managing body language
· Reading other peoples body language
Using persuasion to move people
· Tactics and ploys
· What are they?
· When to use them?
Video role-play (1 day)
Duration / Fees
A 3-day double manned course
Can be run over a two or three week cycle – simply ask when booking