Synergie Training have been awarded another large CDM training roll out this time with High Speed 2 (HS2) which is one of the largest projects in Europe with an estimated cost of over £30 Billion.
Synergie Director Steven Nelson said “To be selected for such an important training role in this prestigious project is testament to the quality of our trainers and support staff. We have delivered 14 courses to-date training over 100 staff in the key role of Principal Designer with a 100% pass rate”
Some useful information on the HS2 project can be viewed below (Source: www.HS2.org.uk)
High Speed Two is the new railway that will be the backbone of Britain’s transport network.
- 345 miles of new high-speed track will connect the city centres of London, Birmingham, Manchester, and Leeds.
- HS2 trains will cross over onto the existing railway to also serve further towns and cities in the north of England and Scotland.
The train service
- HS2 is expected to carry over 300,000 passengers a day – around 100 million a year, when fully operational.
- Up to 48 HS2 trains will run on the rail network every hour.
- Over 25 stations will be served directly.
- Intercity journey times will be cut. For example, the journey between London and Manchester will be cut in half to just over an hour.
Construction is starting on Phase One which will link London and Birmingham by 2026. Phase Two will run from the West Midlands to Manchester in the west and Leeds in the east completing the network by 2033.