Online Revit Essentials Training
Revit training for beginners, teaching the concepts behind BIM and key Revit techniques specific to architecture and structural design.
Autodesk Revit provides the tools you need to design, build and maintain high quality, energy efficient buildings. It supports BIM workflows, and provides comprehensive features for the entire construction project.
Revit Essentials training provides a thorough grounding in the application. On completion, you will be able to use Revit to take a project from conceptual through the stages of design, analysis, documentation and visualisation.
This course can be attended remotely, from your place of work or home. For a limited time, we’re offering discounts off the usual course price.
Remote training lets you join a live AutoCAD course from your place of work or home. You can:
- See and hear our trainer and other delegates participating in the AutoCAD training.
- Allow our trainer and the other delegates to see and hear you (if you have a webcam, and you’re agreeable).
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer to show them what you’re seeing.
Your experience will be as close as possible to actually being in the classroom…
- The training will follow the same syllabus as our classroom-based AutoCAD 3D courses.
- It will be presented by the same Autodesk Certified Instructors.
- We’ll post you a training guide, and send you all the information you need to participate in the training. We’ll even post you a headset and microphone if you need one.
- You’ll receive the same e-certificate confirming successful completion as classroom-based delegates.
- You’ll carry out exercises in AutoCAD, assisted by our trainer. If you haven’t got AutoCAD installed on your computer, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’ll be entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend our remote training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time. This training shouldn’t be confused with libraries of pre-prepared e-learning content, that provides an inferior training experience.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
- Architects and building designers.
- Structural engineers.
- General users.
If you’re going to be using Revit for Mechanical, Electrical or Plumbing, see Revit MEP Essentials.
Accredited Revit training
This Revit training courses are accredited by Autodesk.
Revit courses are hosted by Autodesk Certified Instructors, with vast experience of using the application professionally.
How will I learn?
Revit training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running Revit.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A highly-practical training guide for Revit Architecture or Revit Structures, depending on the area you want to focus on. You’ll refer to this throughout the course, and it will provide a useful refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an accredited Revit training course. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk.
Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Introduction to BIM
- Exploring the user interface
- Working with Revit elements and families
Viewing the structural model
- Working with views
- Controlling object visibility
- Working with elevation and section views
- Working with 3D views
Starting a new project
- Setting up a project
- Setting up view templates
- Defining discipline settings
- Importing typical DWG details
- Linking a Revit model
- Coordinating linked projects
- Adding and modifying levels
- Creating and modifying grids
Detailing and drafting
- Creating callout views
- Text and tags
- Detail views
- Drafting views
- CAD details
Annotations and schedules
- Adding dimensions
- Working with text and tags
- Creating legends
- Working with schedules
- Working with sheets and title blocks
- Printing sheets
- Exporting content to CAD formats
The Basics of the Building Model – columns and walls
- Adding and modifying walls
- Working with compound and vertically compound walls
- Using Editing commands
- Working with doors
- Adding and modifying windows
- Adding floor framing
- Beams and beam systems
- Structural steel frames
- Structural concrete beams
Floors and roofs
- Adding floors
- Creating roofs and adding structural framing
- Adding foundations
Stairs and ramps
- Creating stairs
- Creating ramps
Loading Additional Building Components
- Adding and modifying component families
Viewing the Building Model
- Managing views
- Controlling object visibility
- Working with section and elevation views
- Creating and modifying 3D views
Dimensions and constraints
- Working with dimensions
- Applying and removing constraints
Developing the building model
- Creating and modifying floors
- Adding and modifying ceilings
- Adding and modifying roofs
Presentation and visualisation techniques
- Working with graphics
- Enhancing views
After course support
Following Revit training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Revit trainer to help with any post-course issues.
No prior Revit knowledge is necessary.
Delegates should have a basic understanding of construction techniques.
Experience using a CAD application such as AutoCAD is beneficial, but not essential.
Training is based primarily on Revit 2020, running on Windows. It is relevant to all recent versions of Revit.
Duration: 3 Days
Cost: £495 + Vat
Online Revit Training
Live Revit Training
Virtual Revit Training
Online Revit Training Course
Remote Revit Training Course