Live Online JCT 2016 Training
This course is for delegates who have knowledge of the JCT 2016 contracts but need some guidance on the practical aspects of using the contracts. The course will provide an overview of some of the issues related to the JCT 2016 contracts, with case studies for discussion between the tutor and the delegates.
The Standard Building Contract With Quantities (SBC/Q) will be used as the basis for the workshop, but other members of the JCT 2016 family will also be considered and discussed.
Case Studies will be used throughout the day.
Session 1 Brief overview of the JCT 2016 family
Session 2 Instructions and Variations
• Giving instructions.
• Valuing variations.
Session 3 Contractors Design
• Contractor’s Designed Portions.
• Issues of defective design.
Session 4 Defects
• What is a defect?
• How are defects managed?
Session 5 Payment
• Valuation and payment procedure.
• Final accounts.
Session 6 Extensions of Time
• Responding to notifications for extensions of time.
• Assessing extensions of time.
Session 7 Loss and Expense
• Valuing claims for prolongation and disruption.
Session 8 Practical Completion
• What is Practical Completion?
• What happens when it occurs?
Session 9 Dispute Resolution
• Dealing with disputes.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to: –
- Appreciate the structure and content of the JCT 2016 family of documents
- Be able to practically apply the various procedures under the contracts
- Properly manage a JCT 2016 contract.
Tutor : K.J. Hughes FCIOB FCABE MAPM MCIArb FFAVE (Emeritus)
Kelvin Hughes is a contract consultant with over 45 years’ experience in advising Employers, Consultants, Contractors and Subcontractors on all forms of contract, claims and dispute resolution.
Duration: 1 Day
Cost: £225 + Vat
JCT Online Training
JCT Contract Training