Online Assertiveness Skills Training
Being assertive is being able to express yourself with confidence without having to resort to passive, aggressive or manipulative behaviour.
By developing assertiveness and becoming aware of our own strengths and weaknesses, we can modify our behaviour for greater effectiveness in social and business interactions.
This course will provide guidance on how to become more assertive and build self-confidence, which in turn will help delegates to achieve greater work effectiveness and productivity. This course will also help put delegates in control of their daily activities and make them more able to overcome stressful work and life situations.
Upon successful completion of this course, delegates will have the skills to:
• Explain what assertiveness is and what it means for us and those around us
• Appreciate that everyone has rights as an individual and that you can stand by those rights
• Take a positive approach in communicating more effectively
• Improve their self-esteem
• Appreciate which words to use to get the most out of interactions with others
• Follow a set process for approaching situations in an assertive manner
This course is suited to anyone that needs to develop their assertiveness skills and improve communication with others.
My Assertiveness Goals
How Assertiveness Works
My Assertive Rights
Looking at key methodology, including:
The Words You Use
• Covering the areas of; Disclosing Your Feelings, Being Clear, Being Persistent, Empathising and Working Towards a Wise Outcome.
Preparing to Be Assertive
“The material, hints and delivery have certainly been very useful and I will continue to use these on a daily basis” – E.G. Release Controller
“Very appropriate. It will help on a daily basis, at work and outside” – N.F. Back Office Analyst
“Very useful and well adapted to the individual participants’ needs” – A.B OD Officer
“A very engaging course and good trainer” – S.A. Executive Assistant