Online APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) Training
The APM Project Management Qualification was formerly known as the APM and is designed for those who see project management as a key part of their role. It establishes a solid foundation in project management behaviours, skills, processes and tools in any industry. It is ideal for those, with a few years’ experience in project delivery, who are seeking to consolidate a structured method of project management in their company with a best-practice approach from the Association for Project Management.
None but 1-2 experience working in a project environment is helpful in preparing for the exam. The course includes a comprehensive pre-course study pack. This means that if you are relatively new to project management you can prepare thoroughly for the course before you arrive.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understanding the context in which projects are delivered including the effect of programmes and portfolios.
- Understands the governance arrangements for projects.
- Preparing a business case for a project.
- Preparing a project management plan.
- Plan and manage project communications.
- Understand the approaches to leadership and management.
- Understand scope management.
- Planning a project including preparing a project management plan.
- Prepare project schedules, resource plans and budgets.
- Review and manage project risks
- Manage project quality.
- Plan and execute project procurement.
- Confidently sit the APM Professional exam with a clear understanding of what is required to pass.
- Explain the benefits of project management to you and your organisation.
What is Included in the Course?
This five day training course includes a fantastic pre-course learning package with the following five main components;
- High quality APM PMQ exam study guide which explains in simple terms the APM Body of Knowledge in easy to read language, including sample exam questions, and helpful templates for use for free. This study guide is delivered once you book the course so that you can start you preparation.
- Seven APM accredited e-learning modules which integrate seamlessly with the study guide, following the same study structure page by page.
- Multiple MP3 podcasts to listen to on your media player again integrated with the study guide, covering all the hot topics for the APM PMQ Exam
- Online interactive support from your learning cohort, via our tutor moderated forum.
- 5-day project management training course including the APM PMQ exam. This course includes time to take the exam on the 5th day, however candidates can choose a time and date for the exam any time after the training.
What is the Course Like?
Candidates find courses are highly interactive with lots of exercises, discussions, events, buzz groups and examples to bring the subject of project management to life. You will get plenty of opportunity to practice exam questions with constructive feedback from your course tutor. For our public courses we use high class training venues with excellent transport links. Our public courses include a full 5-day programme with Friday morning dedicated to final exam prep with your course tutor and the exam on Friday afternoon.
Duration: 4 Days plus Online Exam
Cost: £1195 + Vat
So, your classroom course has gone virtual, or you’re looking to run a corporate virtual course, but want to know how it will actually work, below is some information on how it will work in practice.
Why has my class gone virtual?
Encase you haven’t seen the news…the government have advised against non-essential travel and to work from home. In addition, with the schools closing on March 20th, many parents will need to stay at home to care for their children. Check out our blog post on the impact of Coronavirus for more information.
What will I need?
All of our virtual courses will run via Adobe Connect, which is free for you to use and is often accepted through firewalls onto computers as Adobe is a widely accepted piece of software. If you work in a company with high security settings, you might need to use your personal PC or mobile phone. Therefore, you will need:
- A laptop/ PC/ MAC/ iPad/ or Phone, which enables sound
- Internet – a good internet connection (preferably wired) will ensure you don’t miss anything!
- Headphones – you may wish to use a headset/ headphones to listen, but you won’t be asked to connect via webcam, so feel free to sit in your pjs!
- A pen and paper, to write practice questions
- Your attention!
How will I access Adobe Connect?
Your course tutor will send you a link to the Abode Connect session – you can go into this virtual room any time to check it works. We’ve also created a YouTube video on how to setup Adobe Connect – its worth a watch before your planned session.
Who will teach the session?
You will be told who your tutor is prior to the session, you can find out more about them by e-mailing us. All of our trainers are highly experienced in virtual delivery and will make sure you get online and get engaged as quickly as possible.
How long will the session be?
The PMQ will run as a 4-day course, with 16 x 1-hour webinars spread across the days. The webinars will be highly interactive, using PowerPoint slides, quizzes and discussion boards to engage you throughout. But don’t worry, you won’t be asked to sit at a desk for the whole day – there will be lots of breaks in which you will be asked to go away and complete some activities, like you would in a classroom, including feedback from the tutor in the next session. Adobe Connect allows you to type questions as a group, or email them privately to the tutor, so you will be able to see what thoughts other delegates have throughout the sessions.
The exam is currently not available to sit online however the APM are working on a solution. In the meantime, we will defer your exam until travel restrictions are lifted and you will attend a 1 day examination preparation session followed by the three hour exam. When online exams are released, this will be run on day 5 of your virtual course, with examination preparation via webinar in the morning.
Timetable for the PMQ
|9.00 – 10.30||WEBINAR 1: PROJECTS & BUSINESS AS USUAL|
|10.30 – 11.30||WEBINAR 1 ACTIVITIES & E-LEARNING|
|11.30 – 12.30||WEBINAR 2: PROJECT CONTEXT|
|12.30 – 13.30||LUNCH|
|13.30 – 14.30||WEBINAR 3: ORGANISTION STRUCTURES, PROJECT ROLES & THE LIFECYCLE|
|14.30 – 15.30||WEBINAR 3 ACTIVITIES & E-LEARNING|
|15.30 – 16.30||WEBINAR 4: PROJECT GOVERNANCE|
|9.00 – 10.30||WEBINAR 5: COMMUNICATION|
|10.30 – 11.30||WEBINAR 5 ACTIVITIES & E-LEARNING|
|11.30 – 12.30||WEBINAR 6: CONFLICT & NEGOTIATION|
|12.30 – 13.30||LUNCH|
|13.30 – 14.30||WEBINAR 7: LEADERSHIP & TEAMWORK|
|14.30 – 15.30||WEBINAR 7 ACTIVITIES & E-LEARNING|
|15.30 – 16.30||WEBINAR 8: SCOPE MANAGEMENT|
|9.00 – 10.30||WEBINAR 9: REQUIREMENTS, CONFIGURATION & CHANGE CONTROL|
|10.30 – 11.30||WEBINAR 9 ACTIVITIES & E-LEARNING|
|11.30 – 12.30||WEBINAR 10: PLANNING FOR SUCCESS|
|12.30 – 13.30||LUNCH|
|13.30 – 14.30||WEBINAR 11: PROJECT PLANNING|
|14.30 – 15.30||WEBINAR 11 ACTIVITIES & E-LEARNING|
|15.30 – 16.30||WEBINAR 12: SCHEDULING & RESOURCE|
|9.00 – 10.30||WEBINAR 13: COST MANAGEMENT|
|10.30 – 11.30||WEBINAR 12 ACTIVITIES & E-LEARNING|
|11.30 – 12.30||WEBINAR 14: RISK & ISSUE MANGEMENT|
|12.30 – 13.30||LUNCH|
|13.30 – 14.30||WEBINAR 15: QUALITY & PROCUREMENT|
|14.30 – 15.30||WEBINAR 15 ACTIVITIES & E-LEARNING|
|15.30 – 16.30||WEBINAR 16: EXAMINATION PREPARATION|
What if I get distracted, miss a point, or have to miss a session?
Fear not! Adobe allows us to record sessions which will be sent to you afterwards – these obviously won’t give you the opportunity to ask questions but do mean you won’t miss anything if your food box arrives/ work phone call comes in.
Virtual APM PMQ Training
APM PMQ Online Training
APM Project Management Qualification Online Training
APM PMQ E-Learning
APM PMQ Online Courses