Temporary Works Awareness Training
Please see below for information about this new course as stated on the CITB website:
‘This one day training course provides delegates with a broad insight to the topic of Temporary Works, including an understanding of the essentials of good safety risk management.
This course is designed to provide training for those involved in the temporary works process but who are not undertaking the role of Temporary Works Co-ordinator or Supervisor as defined in BS5975:2019. The course assumes limited or no detailed previous knowledge of temporary works.
The course is likely to benefit:
- Delegates who are not likely to undertake the role of TWC or TWS in the near future (or at all) but may be involved in the temporary works process during construction planning
- Directors, contract managers, site foremen, estimators, planners, procurement, commercial Managers
- Health and safety professionals wishing to gain a better understanding of temporary works
- Graduate and new entrants to the construction industry
- Delegates not directly from civil engineering or building sectors who may use temporary works e.g. mechanical and electrical contractors, local authority building maintenance, nuclear decommissioning, utility companies
- Delegates who have come into the construction industry from other industries
- Overseas contractors who may wish to learn from UK best practice
- Permanent works designers involved in temporary works, other consulting or structural engineers
- Principal designers and client’s representatives
- People from the training industry – University and college lecturers
- Salespersons from equipment or plant suppliers
Course aims and objectives:
The course aim is to ensure delegates gain a broad knowledge and understanding of what constitutes temporary works and how to support good industry practice with regard to temporary works
The course objectives are to:
- Understand what constitutes temporary works and how they are used in construction
- Raise awareness and improve delegate’s understanding on the need to plan for temporary works in construction
- Support delegates understanding of common temporary works issues
- Give delegates a greater understanding of the management process for temporary works
- Raise awareness of the other roles and responsibilities involved in the temporary works process’
Please note you are required to be a UK resident to attend all CITB courses.
Duration: 1 Day
Cost: £275 + VAT
Temporary Works Awareness Training Scotland, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Inverness, Aberdeen and venues available throughout the rest of the UK.