Online SMSTS Refresher
The 2 day CITB SMSTS Refresher Training course is designed for candidates who have already passed the SMSTS Course. All SMSTS certificates issued after 1st January 2005 are valid for 5 years from the date of issue. Candidates will be required to show their original 5 day certificate and if known provide details of where and when they took the course. Delegates MUST attend both days in order to obtain their certification..
By attending the SMSTS refresher course delegates will be updated on developments in construction legislation and use of appropriate best practice. The course will also enhance existing managerial skills necessary to achieve compliance with any new legal duties and responsibilities placed on them and their workforce.
The grace period for the Site Safety Plus scheme has been removed to bring the scheme in line with other Cskills Awards products.
This means the Delegate must be made aware of the certificate expiry date and ensure they attend the refresher course prior to the end date on the certificate. Any Delegate that does not attend prior to the end date of their certificate will risk their right to attend a refresher course and will be required to attend the full course.
Therefore to allow time for this requirement to become embedded, Cskills Awards will continue the current process until 31 December 2015 after which date no registrations will be made that are beyond the end date of the certificate without formal appeal.
* PLEASE NOTE – It will take approximately 6-8 weeks for CSKILLS to issue certification for this course *
At the end of the SMSTS Refresher course successful candidates will be able to: –
- Manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management and supervisory role
- Understand their legal, moral and social obligations to maintain a healthy and safe site, as well as consider the benefits and costs of implementation to their organisation
- Identify and avoid potential hazards on site
- Prepare method statements, risk assessments and other statutory requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act
The SMSTS Refresher course will cover the following topics: –
- Legislation, ACOP updates with discussions on impact and practical aspects of compliance
- Overview of proposed/impending legislation
- RIDDOR – Accident statistics, costs, causes, management responsibilities/methods in prevention
- HSE’s current focus on construction activities
- Safety management systems, policies, plans and performance measuring
- Management of Contractors
- Communication and consultation aspects, effective use of ‘toolbox talks’ and ‘site inductions’
- Behavioural Safety including awareness of human error, stress and prevention
- Syndicate exercises
Throughout the course delegates will be assessed. At the end of the SMSTS Refresher course, each individual has to pass an examination and present a suitable health and safety solution to a site activity which qualifies them for the Construction Site Managers Safety Certificate.
Delegates must attend both of the days, in accordance with the course programme, to achieve the necessary learning objectives and qualify for re-certification. Successful candidates will be issued with the CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme Refresher (SMSTS Refresher) certificate which is valid for 5 years.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone who has attended the five day Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) Course, and whose certificate is due to expire. Expiry of the certificate is 5 years.
Course Duration: 2 Days
Cost: £350 + Vat
Remote Learning SMSTS Refresher
SMSTS Refresher Remote Learning
Virtual SMSTS Refresher Training Course