NEC4 Short Contract Training
Why you should attend this workshop?
This one-day workshop introduces you to the NEC4 Engineering and Construction Short Contract and Short Subcontract – assuming attendees already have an understanding of the suite of NEC contracts. It focuses on practical issues in preparing the pre-contract information and the post-contract management. An overview of the main clauses and the changes from NEC3 is followed by a review of the requirements for preparation of Contract Data and Scope – using a typical project to consider requirements for Time, Cost and Quality and also to develop a risk management strategy. That same example project is used in the afternoon as the basis for exercises dealing with the contract management processes.
Attendees of this course will have a much clearer understanding of the intent of the specific contractual clauses and in practical terms begin to see how they should administer them for the benefit of all parties on a particular project.
You will learn about:
- when the Short Contract and the Short Subcontract are particularly suitable
- the key differences between the provisions for of the ECC and EC Short Contracts
- the main changes between NEC3 and NEC4 EC Short Contract
- preparing the Contract Data and Scope for tender – assessing project risks and writing the Contract data accordingly
- using ECC main contract clauses by importing them as Z clauses into the Short Contract
- the roles and responsibilities of the Employer and Contractor for managing design, subcontractors, time, quality, payments and scope change
- the important ECSC contract management processes, in particular early warnings, communications, progress/time, defects, payments and compensation events
- assessing compensation events using the defined ECSC processes and other available NEC guidance
- typical ECSC pitfalls and how to avoid them – based on exercises using a typical project example
This workshop is at an intermediate level and is recommended for Client, Consultant’s and Contractor’s staff who have some experience of preparing and/or managing NEC3 ECC or ECSC contracts. It assumes some prior experience of either form of contract. The course focusses on practical issues in both preparing and managing the NEC4 form of the Short Contract.
Course duration: 1 Day
Cost: £245 + Vat
NEC4 Short Contract Training Scotland, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Perth, England, Leeds, Birmingham, Newcastle, and Liverpool onsite course available throughout the UK.