Introduction to the Engineering and Construction Contract
Why you should attend this workshop?
Attendees of this course will have a much clearer understanding of the intent of the specific contractual clauses of the ECC contract and in practical terms begin to see how they should
administer them for the benefit of all parties on a particular project.
You will learn about:
- the philosophy and commonality amongst all the contracts within the suite of NEC3 contracts
- new clauses within the NEC4 ECC contract
- the use and appropriate contract strategy to adopt when choosing both primary options (A‐F) and secondary options (X1‐X20)
- appreciating the use of Contract Data, Works Information and Site Information
- considering factors involved when preparing tender documents and assessing tender submissions
- considering common amendments that are often made in the form of “Z clauses” and their potential to alter the dynamics or risk profile of an un‐amended contract
- roles and responsibilities of the key Parties
- the important ECC clauses and processes, in particular early warning, the programme, Risk Register, communications and compensation events
- Understand how to apply ECC in practice and achieve satisfactory solutions to problems Recommended for This workshop is recommended for everyone currently involved with or about to be working under an ECC contract including project managers, contract managers, quantity surveyors, clients, consultants, planners, contractors and their supply chain. This session will be suitable for those who are relatively new to these forms of contract as well as those who are already more experienced in the contract and looking to enhance their level of knowledge and understanding.
Duration: 1 Day
Cost: £245 + VAT