Microsoft Analyzing Data with Excel (20779)
This course is intended for anyone responsible for analyzing data with Excel.
Detailed Course Outline
Module 1: Data Analysis in Excel
This module looks at the classic Excel dashboard and at ways to extend it.
- Classic Data Analysis with Excel
- Excel Pivot Tables
- Limitations of Classic Data Analysis
Lab : Building a Classic Excel Dashboard
- Filtering and Formatting Data
- Building a Pivot Table
- Building a Pivot Chart
- Building a Dashboard
Module 2: The Excel Data Model
This module looks at the classic Excel data model and at ways to extend it.
- Using an Excel Data Model
Lab : Explore an Excel Data Model
- Create Calculated Columns
- Format Data Model Data
- Create Measures
- Analyze the Data
Module 3: Importing Data from Files
This module looks at pre-formatting and importing CSV files.
- Importing Data into Excel
- Shaping and Transforming Data
- Loading Data
Lab : Importing Data from a CSV File
- Import and Transform Data from a CSV File
- Add Data from a Folder
Module 4: Importing Data from Databases
This module looks at how to import data into Excel from a SQL Server database.
- Available Data Sources
- Previewing, Shaping, and Transforming Data
- Table Relationships and Hierarchies
- Loading Data
Lab : Import Data from Multiple Sources
- Import Data from SQL Server
- Import Data from a CSV File
- Create a Data Table
Module 5: Importing Data from Excel Reports
This module describes how to import data from a report.
Lessons Importing Data from Excel Reports Transforming Excel report Data
Lab : Importing Data from a Report
- Import Data from Excel
- Transform the Excel Data
- Load the Data into an Excel Data Model
Module 6: Creating and Formatting Measures
This module describes how to create and format measures.
- Advanced DAX Functions
Lab : Creating Measures using Advanced DAX Functions
- Last year comparison
- Year to date
- Market Share
Module 7: Visualizing Data in Excel
This module describes how to visualize data in Excel.
- Pivot Charts
- Cube Functions
- Charts for Cube Functions
Lab : Data Visualization in Excel
- Create a Tabular Report
- Create a Pivot Chart
- Add Slicers to Charts
Module 8: Using Excel with Power BI
This module describes how to use Excel with Power BI.
- Power BI
- Uploading Excel Data to Power BI
- Power BI Mobile App
Lab : Creating a Power BI Dashboard with Excel
- Uploading Excel Data
- Creating a Power BI Dashboard
Who should attend?
This course is intended for:
- Both novice and experienced programmers who have a minimum of three months programming experience and have basic Windows navigation skills.
- Anyone responsible for analyzing data with Excel.
- Course will likely be attended by SQL Server report creators who are interested in alternative methods of presenting data.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Good Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, functions, and charts.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explore and extend a classic Excel dashboard.
- Explore and extend an Excel data model.
- Pre-format and import a .CSV file.
- Import data from a SQL Server database
- Import data from a report.
- Create measures using advanced DAX functions.
- Create data visualizations in Excel.
- Create a Power BI dashboard with Excel.
Duration: 3 Day
Cost: £995 + Vat
Microsoft Analyzing Data with Excel Training Scotland, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Inverness, Aberdeen and onsite course available throughout the UK.