Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation Foundation Online Training Course
Learn how the new European Union data protection requirements affect your organisation.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) provides a single, harmonised data privacy law for the European Union. It aims to protect personal data by improving data security for all EU residents. The GDPR came into effect on 25 May 2018, and all organisations that handle EU residents’ personal data must comply. Those that don’t face fines of up to €20 million or 4% of annual turnover – whichever is greater.
The Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Foundation Online course is an interactive Live Online session that provides a comprehensive introduction to the EU GDPR, and a practical understanding of the implications and legal requirements for UK and EU organisations of any size.
Delivered by an experienced data protection consultant, this training session is built on the foundations of our extensive practical experience gained advising on compliance with data privacy laws and related information security standards such as ISO 27001.
The course supports continued professional development and delegates who pass the included online exam are awarded the ISO 17024-certificated, EU GDPR Foundation (EU GDPR F) qualification by IBITGQ. It is also accredited by the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP) and satisfies the IISP Skills Framework requirements at Level 1: A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, B2 and C3.
What will you learn on this course?
- Essential General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) background and terminology
- The six data protection principles
- Special categories of personal data
- The rights of data subjects, including data access requests
- Controllers and processors
- Data protection by design
- Securing personal data
- Reporting data breaches
- How to perform a data protection impact assessment (DPIA)
- The role of the data protection officer (DPO)
- Transferring personal data outside the EU
- The powers of supervisory authorities
EU General Data Protection Regulation Foundation (EU GDPR F) examination
Delegates take the EU General Data Protection Regulation Foundation (EU GDPR F) online examination at the end of the course – a 60-minute multiple-choice, ISO 17024-certificated exam set by IBITGQ. There is no extra charge for this exam.
This course is part of our unique EU GDPR Learning Path, which also includes the Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Practitioner Online training course. It also supports continued professional development programmes by qualifying for 7 CPD/CPE credits.
Who should attend this course?
- Business directors or managers who want to understand how the requirements of the GDPR will affect their organisation.
- Managers involved in or responsible for GDPR compliance, such as:
- Privacy managers;
- Data protection managers;
- Information security managers;
- IT managers;
- Project managers;
- Corporate governance managers;
- Risk and compliance managers;
- General or privacy counsels; and
- Finance, HR or marketing managers.
- Individuals with a basic knowledge of data protection regulation and practices, and looking to develop their career with a professional qualification.
Duration: 1 Day
Cost: £495 + VAT
GDPR Training Scotland, Inverness, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and onsite courses throughout Scotland