1. NEGOTIATION CASE STUDY (EXERCISE)
The delegates will be divided into groups – some representing the Client and the others a Contractor – the task will be to negotiate a contract for the supply of equipment. A detailed debriefing will demonstrate the importance of negotiating not only the best price but also the right contractual terms.
2. NEGOTIATING SKILLS. (DISCUSSION)
Success and failure factors in negotiating
3. CREATIVE NEGOTIATING (DVD)
The importance of negotiating in day to day work activities. Identification of the three or four possible outcomes.
4. PRINCIPLED NEGOTIATIONS (LECTURE & EXERCISEs)
Understanding peoples’ positions in conflict situations.
Overview of key Ideas:
– Explanation of the theory.
– Separating people from the issues.
– Identifying common interests.
– Looking for options.
– Setting objective criteria.
Two or three exercises with different negotiating principles.
Summarising the roles and identification of some cultural issues.
Duration: 1 Day
Cost: £295 + VAT
Negotiating Training Scotland, Glasgow, Inverness, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and other sites throughout the UK including onsite closed company courses are available.
Negotiating Training Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, India, Ghana and Nigeria is also available.