AAT Approved Accounting Training
AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting (SCQF5)
The AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting (SCQF5) provides an excellent introduction to the world of accounting and finance.
Our Accounting qualifications are delivered using Kaplan textbook learning which also includes online resources and mock exams. We also have tutor support available.
Students in remote areas will be able to take their exams in a centre closer to their place of employment.
What will I Learn?
BOOK KEEPING TRANSACTIONS
1. Understand financial transactions within a bookkeeping system
2. Process customer transactions
3. Process supplier transactions
4. Process receipts and payments
5. Process transactions through the ledgers to the trial balance
BOOK KEEPING CONTROLS
1. Understand payment methods
2. Understand controls in a bookkeeping system
3. Use control accounts
4. Use the journal
ELEMENTS OF COSTING
1. Understand the cost recording system within an organisation
2. Use cost recording techniques
3. Provide information on actual and budgeted costs and income
USING ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE
1. Set up accounting software
2. Process sales and purchases transactions
3. Process bank and cash transactions
4. Perform period end routine tasks
5. Produce reports
WORK EFFECTIVELY IN FINANCE
1. Understand the finance function within an organisation
2. Use personal skills development in finance
3. Produce work effectively
4. Understand corporate social responsibility (CSR), ethics and sustainability within organisations.
METHOD OF STUDY
There are 5 units in this qualification. Each one will follow the same pattern:
1. You will be given a workbook to help you prepare for assessment. You will also have online access to a range of resources and to your accounts tutor.
2. You will have access to mock assessments
3. You will attend a formal assessment at an AAT Assessment Centre*
*costs include assessments at our Invergordon Training Suite. Should you require a different location there may be a small admin charge.
Becoming an AAT student member is essential to:
• study AAT qualifications
• sit AAT assessments
• access AAT resources that support successful study and career progression.
AAT student membership fees are charged annually, and a one-off admission fee applies. Registering early will avoid delays in assessment.
Cost: £1700 + Vat