Who is it for?
The course is for anyone wishing to learn how to use geographic information software, with particular emphasis on those who work in ecology, conservation and the environment. It is aimed at the beginner with no requirement for prior knowledge of GIS, but you should have basic computer skills.
What will I get out of it?
- Skills to create, manage, analyse and present geographically referenced data
- Knowledge to take a project from start to finish
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot some of the most common issues
- A broad understanding of how to create GIS/data workflows
- Application of techniques to improve efficiency
- Greater confidence with the creation of quality outputs
- Training manual, with exercises, and flash drive to act as a reminder
What topics are covered?
- Overview of GIS
- Adding data and moving around the map
- Working with layers; creating and displaying, and digitising
- Accessing free online data
- Analysis and geoprocessing
- Basic cartography including, symbology, thematic mapping & labelling
- Creating a professional output with print composer
Who delivering it?
Nevis’ Head of GIS and Data Management Lucy Arnold
Duration: 2 Days
Cost: £375 + VAT
QGIS Training Scotland, Inverness, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dunfermline and other sites throughout the UK including onsite closed company courses are available.