Course duration: 5 Days
Cost: £1395 + Vat
About the course
PRINCE2 is delivered in association with Carnegie Enterprise who are a Authorised Training Organisation (ATO) for the delivery of programmes from the Office of Government and Commerce (OGC).
Over the last 12 months, over 10,000 people have taken either the PRINCE2 Foundation or Practitioner examinations, making PRINCE2 the de facto standard for project management in the UK and worldwide.
Whenever we decide we want to do something, go somewhere, build something, achieve something, we need to know the answer to some questions.
- What are we trying to do?
- When will we start?
- What do we need?
- Can we do it alone, or do we need help?
- How long will it take?
- How much will it cost?
PRINCE2 is a structured project management method, which promotes the management of a project in a logical, organised way, following defined steps.
PRINCE2 says that a project should have:
- An organised and controlled start, ie organise and plan things properly before leaping in.
- An organised and controlled middle, ie when the project has started, make sure it continues to be organised and controlled.
- An organised and controlled end, i.e. when you’ve got what you want and the project has finished, tidy up the loose ends.
In order to describe what a project should do when, PRINCE2 has a series of processes which cover all the activities needed on a project from starting up to closing down.
More and more organisations and individuals are having the opportunity to benefit from the training courses an qualification that are available worldwide.
These are typical questions asked at the start of any project and the answers are the building blocks of project management – defining what we want to do and working out the best way we can do it.
The PRINCE2 method address project management with four integrated elements of principles, themes, processes and the project environment.
These are the guiding obligations and good practices which determine whether the project is genuinely being managed with PRINCE2
The seven themes explain the specific treatment required by PRINCE2 for various project management disciplines and why they are necessary.
These describe a step-wise progression through the project life-cycle, from getting started to project closure.
The project environment
PRINCE2 is a flexible framework that can readily be tailored to any type of size of project.
By the end of the course, delegates will have the knowledge to enable them to:
- Develop, monitor and manage projects effectively
- Facilitate control at all levels and provide a communication medium for all project staff
- Ensure that work progresses in the correct sequence, delivering outcomes on time and budget
The following are the principal benefits from the application of PRINCE2 to projects.
1. Defined responsibilities and accountabilities
2. Repeatable processes and procedures
3. Established project management environment
4. Management documentation sufficient to maintain project control – and no more
1. Emphasis on “what” not “how”
2. Activities scheduled and costed to meet only
what has been agreed as required to be produced
3. Minimised management overhead
1. Focus on client’s Business Need
2. Business justification drives project
3. Identified and agreed project controls
Attract more Customers / Partners
1. Development of Customer / Supplier relationships
2. Clear, defined communication channels
UK Government’s preferred project management option
For individuals, the acquisition of PRINCE2 Practitioner certification provides a credible and sought after benchmark within the project management sector, which is increasingly being requested by employers in the public and private sectors.
Delivered in association with:
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited
PRINCE2 Practitioner Training Inverness, Highlands, Scotland.
All PRINCE2/MSP/M_o_R/MOP/P3O courses are offered by Andrew Carnegie Business School