ITIL Foundation Training
About the course
The course is an intensive introduction to the ITIL service management framework, covering all aspects of the service support and service delivery processes, together with the service desk function. It consists of short lectures, discussions, examination technique training and mock examinations and culminates in an invigilated exam in the third day. It provides a very good introduction to IT Service Management, and offers an excellent preparation for a Service Improvement Programme.
What will this course give me?
This course provides a solid foundation for those of you seeking an entry-level professional qualification in IT Service Management and is a requirement should you want to progress to an ITIL Practitioner or ITIL Managers Course. It will give you a thorough knowledge of the processes and functions that make up ITIL Service Management Best Practice.
Who is the course for?
Everyone who is working in any aspect of Service Management and anyone who needs a greater understanding and awareness of best practices in IT Service Management.
What is provided?
· Comprehensive course materials
· Example questions
· Lunch and refreshments
· Exam revision guide
Gain an understanding of Service Management as a practice
· The concept of Good Practice
· The concept of Service
· The concept of Service Management
· Define and distinguish between Functions, Roles and Processes
· The process model
· Characteristics of processes
Gain an understanding of the Service Lifecycle
· The objectives and business value for each phase in the lifecycle
Key Principles and Models
Candidates will be able to comprehend and account for key principles and models of Service Management and balance some of the opposing forces within Service Management
· The three types of Service Providers
· Define the market
· Develop the offerings
· Develop the strategic assets
· Prepare for execution
· Service Level Management
· The importance of People, Processes, Products and Partners for Service Management
· The five major aspects of Service Design
· Different sourcing approaches and options
· The Service V model
· Change Management
· Service Asset and Configuration Management
· Release and Deployment Management
· IT Services versus Technology
· Stability versus Responsiveness
· The role of communication in Service Operation
· Incident Management
· Event Management
· Request Fulfilment
· Problem Management
Continual Service Improvement
· Basic concepts , process activities, interfaces and metrics for the 7 step improvement process
· The role of Governance for Continual Service Improvement
Gain an understanding of the key terminology and key concepts of Service Management Processes
Candidates will gain an understanding of how the Service Management processes contribute to the Service Life Cycle Roles
After completing this course candidates will be able to account for the role and responsibilities of the key roles in Service Management Functions
This aims to help the candidate explain the role, objectives, organisational structures, staffing and metrics of the Service Desk function and to state the role, objectives of the other three functions which are:
· Technical Management
· Application Management
· IT Operations Management
Technology and Architecture
Looks at some of the generic requirements for an integrated set of Service Management Technology
There are no formal requirements for the course, but at least one years experience of the IT industry is recommended.
The course ends with a one hour ‘closed book’ multiple-choice paper, with 40 questions.
Course duration: 3 Days
Cost: £895 + Vat
ITIL V3 Foundation Training Inverness, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth other sites throughout the UK including onsite closed company courses are available.