Course duration: 3 Days
Cost: £995 + VAT
The ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Strategy Certificate is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management.
The main target group for the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Strategy Certificate includes but is not restricted to CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers and ITSM trainers involved in the ongoing management, coordination and integration of strategising activities within the Service Lifecycle.
The course covers the management of service strategy and core information of supporting activities within the Service Strategy stage, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes.
The course may also be of interest to:
• Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the ITIL Service Strategy stage of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and how activities in it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organisation
• IT professionals working in roles associated with strategic planning, execution and control within a service-based business model, seeking an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in Service Strategy
• Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
• Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite
This may include but is not limited to, CIO’s, Senior IT Managers, IT Managers, IT Managers and Supervisors, IT Professionals and IT Operation practitioners.
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
• Service Strategy Principles
• Defining services and market spaces
• Conducting Strategic Assessments
• Financial Management
• Service Portfolio Management
• Managing demand
• Driving strategy through the Service Lifecycle
• Understanding Critical Success Factors and risks
In addition the training for this certification should include examination preparation, including a mock examination opportunity.
Following completion of this unit, the candidate will know:
• Understanding of the importance of Service Management as a Practice concept and Service Strategy Principals, Purpose and Objective
• How ITIL Service Strategy interacts with other Service Lifecycle Processes
• The activities, methods and functions used in each of the ITIL Service Strategy processes
• The roles and responsibilities within ITIL Service Strategy and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
• Explain how to measure ITIL Service Strategy
• Understanding of technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL Service Strategy
• Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks associated to ITIL Service Strategy
Prerequisite Entry Criteria
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (includes the v3 Foundation or v2 Foundation plus Bridge Certificate) which shall be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
It is strongly recommended that candidates read the ITIL Service Strategy publication in advance of attending training for the certification.
What is provided?
• Comprehensive course materials – We provide a full copy of all the course slides with room to make your own notes, there is also a full copy of the ITIL Glossary and acronyms list and many course handouts.
• A copy of the Service Strategy Key Element Guide – Worth £8.50 This book provides a synopsis of the basic concepts and practice elements of Service Strategy, which forms part of the core ITIL Service Management Practices.
• Example Questions – To get you plenty of exam practice we have accredited sample papers which will be covered in exam conditions and during the course there are actual exam sample questions at the end of each section.
• Follow up Guidance – We are certain that following the course you will have many questions and our tutors and sales team are available to discuss where to go next or even how to get started with putting what you have learnt on the course onto practice.
Eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions over 90 minutes. Pass mark is 28/40 or 70%.
Why should I undertake ITIL training?
• Helps you to do your job more effectively
• Get an industry recognised professional qualification
What is the benefit of ITIL training in my organisation?
ITIL delivers four main areas of savings potential:
• Cost savings – money currently being spent can be reduced.
• Cost avoidance – money allocated for spending can be saved.
• Higher IT productivity – increased productivity and reduced costs.
• Increased Business productivity – resulting from higher quality IT services.