AAT Level 2 (AAT Level 5 Certificate in Accounting – Scotland)
The aim of this qualification is to introduce you to basic accounting and finance skills. You’ll develop your skills in finance administration: double-entry bookkeeping, basic costing principles and purchase, sales and general ledgers.
As a standalone qualification, or as a first step towards the intermediate and advanced levels, it will allow you to move up to further study in accountancy and finance.
Who it’s for
The introductory level will suit you if:
- You work in accounts and would like a formal qualification in the field
- You would like to acquire new skills to help with a change in your career
- You’re a school leaver looking for an introduction to accounting and finance
- You are not currently in employment or training and you need workplace skills
- You would like to go onto be an AAT full member or study for chartered status
How long you’ll study
AAT qualifications offer a flexible way to study, so you can study full-time, part-time, from home or online.
You will spend about a year on each level, but depending on your study method or course timetable it may be as little as six months.
What you’ll learn
There are five mandatory units at the introductory level:
- Basic costing
- Computerised accounting
- Work effectively in accounting and finance
- Processing bookkeeping transactions
- Control accounts, journals and the banking system
Possible jobs after completing this qualification
- Accounts Administrator
- Accounts Assistant
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Payroll Administrator
- Payroll Officer
- Purchase/Sales Ledger Clerk
- Tax Assistant/Trainee
- Trainee Accounts Technician
After completing the introductory level of the AAT Accounting Qualification your typical salary range will be between £8,320 to £24,000.
This salary range is taken from AAT’s 2013 Salary Survey for people working full-time. The range represents the middle 75% at this level of the qualification.
AAT Introductory – Certificate in Accounting via Distance Learning:
Our Distance Learning package includes*:
- Tutorial & Workbook per exam includes E-Copy
- Revision Kit – Access to online learning portal with additional revision materials
- Pocket Notes
- 5 x Exams
- 12 months unlimited telephone and e-mail tutor support
*Annual Membership fee plus registration fee to be paid the by student
AAT Introductory – Certificate in Accounting Inverness & Highlands.