Contaminated Land Training
This unique one-day course is ideally suited for those new to the area of contaminated land whether they are regulators, consultants, developers or problem-holders. It is an intensive introduction to UK legislation and guidance and the management process designed to promote the cost-effective identification, characterisation and remediation of land affected by contamination.
Who Should attend:
This is an introductory course equally suited for those without any chemistry background or those who require a refresher course relevant to their current job activities.
The courses will be of relevance to:
- Regulatory and local authority staff involved with contaminated land issues
- Problem holders and developers needing a more in-depth understanding of contaminated land issues
- Anyone producing contaminated land reports
- Anyone reviewing third party reports
This course will:
- Introduce you to the latest UK legislation and guidance underpinning the UK approach to land contamination, including the legal definition of “contaminated land”.
- Explain the risk assessment process promoted within the UK including:
- the importance of the site conceptual model;
- the fundamental nature of a Phase 1 desktop survey and site walkover report;
- general principles of a Phase 2 site investigation and risk assessment of potential impacts to human health and other receptors;
- what the UK Soil Guideline Values are; and
- outline Phase 3 remediation options within the UK.
This course is designed to give an introduction to an emerging and complex issue within the UK, which has the possible consequence of significant legal and financial liabilities. It provides an overview of the up to date key legislation and processes that should be followed by regulators and problem-holders alike. It is intended to provide a firm footing for individuals to locate where their duties interact with contaminated land issues and to identify the specific areas in which they may need additional specialised training.
Duration: 1 Day
Cost: £295 + VAT
Contaminated Land Management Training Scotland, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Inverness, Aberdeen, Perth, Dunfermline and other sites throughout the UK including onsite closed company courses are available.