AAT Level 3 (Level 6 Diploma in Accounting – Scotland)
The aim of this qualification is to enhance the skills developed in the introductory level. You’ll master more complex financial processes, including final accounts for sole traders and partnerships, reports and returns and professional ethics.
As a standalone qualification, or as a first step towards the intermediate and advanced levels, it will allow you to move up to further study in accountancy and finance.
Who it’s for
The intermediate level will suit you if:
- You’ve completed the introductory accounting level and would like to build your skills
- You’re already working in finance and you’d like a formal recognition of your skills
- You would like to go onto be an AAT full member or study for chartered status
How long you’ll study
- AAT qualifications offer a flexible way to study, so you can study full-time, part-time, from home or online.
- You will spend about a year on each level, but depending on your study method or course timetable it may be as little as six months.
What you’ll learn
The intermediate level consists of six units:
- Accounts preparation
- Prepare final accounts for sole traders and partnerships
- Cost and revenues
- Professional ethics
- Indirect tax
- Spreadsheets software
Possible jobs after completing this qualification
- Accounts Assistant
- Accounts Payable and Expenses Supervisor
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Assistant Accountant
- Audit Trainee
- Corporate Recovery Analyst
- Credit Controller
- Finance Assistant
- Insolvency Executive
- Payroll Administrator
- Payroll Supervisor
- Practice Bookkeeper and Payroll
- Tax Accountant
- Tax Assistant
After completing the intermediate level of the AAT Accounting Qualification your typical salary range will be between £11,000 to £24,000.
This salary range is taken from AAT’s 2013 Salary Survey for people working full-time. The range represents the middle 75% at this level of the qualification.
AAT Intermediate Diploma in Accounting via Distance Learning:
Our Distance Learning package includes*:
- Tutorial & Workbook per exam includes E-Copy
- Revision Kit – Access to online learning portal with additional revision materials
- Pocket Notes
- 6 x Exams
- 12 months unlimited telephone and e-mail tutor support
*Annual Membership fee plus registration to be paid by the student
AAT Intermediate Diploma in Accounting Inverness, Highlands