Course duration: 2 Days
Cost: £450 + Vat
This is targeted at experienced project managers working with projects teams in their organisations. It is suitable for project managers who are seeking to understand their role and the personal and people skills needed to operate in the role. Ideally the programme would help a project manager who has developed and used the technical project management skills and approaches, who now wants to understand and develop the ‘softer’ skills involved.
Objectives of the programme:
· To introduce and explore the interpersonal and people skills required to manage a project
· To demonstrate the impact personal skills have in a project environment.
The two-day programme takes a highly pragmatic approach to this topic. Delegates are encouraged to share their own experiences and there are numerous examples
provided from other organisations, both public and private sector, as to their approaches to managing teams within a project environment
This course will cover the following topics:
· To understand your personal style and approach
· To explore and understand being effectively assertive
· To understand and apply influencing and persuasion skills
· To explore and understand effective communication skills and approaches
· To apply interpersonal skills in a project environment
Expand your knowledge and skills and book on to the following related courses:
· Developing leaders of the future
· Managing the performance of the project team
This course is suitable for anyone who managing teams within a project environment.
This course is also accredited with a Professional Development Award (PDA) by the Institute of Leadership & Management
As well as being open to any individual, this course can be delivered:
· to meet individual company requirements
· to company housestyles and templates
· within company premises
· specifically to a group or team of staff