Course duration: 1 day
Cost: £215 + Vat
You need to gather information about the various tasks involved, resources required to accomplish the tasks, and the overall cost in order to plan a project. Microsoft® Office Project Professional 2007 acts as a tool that assists you in managing your projects. In this course, you will create and modify a project plan.
You will create a project plan containing tasks, organise these tasks in a work breakdown structure containing task relationships, create and assign resources, and finalise the project to implement the project plan.
This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of project management concepts, who is responsible for creating and modifying project plans, and who needs a tool to manage these project plans.
Students enrolled for this course should have the following:
An understanding of project management concepts.
Knowledge of a Windows operating system, either Windows XP or Windows Vista.
A basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
· Explore the Microsoft Office Project environment and the various views in which you can survey a project file.
· Create a new project plan.
· Manage tasks by organising them and setting task relationships.
· Manage resources for a project.
· Finalise the project plan.
· Getting started
· Project management concepts
· Exploring the Project window
· Working with project files
· Using Help
· Working with tasks
· Creating a task list
· Modifying a task list
· Creating a Work Breakdown Structure
· Scheduling tasks
· Setting up task links
· Working in Network Diagram view
· Working with advanced task options
· Managing resources
· Creating base calendars
· Working with resources and calendars
· Working with resource costs
· Working with views and tables
· Working with views
· Working with tables
· Filtering, grouping, and sorting
· Working with filters
· Working with groups
· Sorting tasks and resources
· Finalising the task plan
· Finalising schedules
· Resolving resource conflicts