Course duration: 3 Days
Cost: £995 + Vat
Who should attend?
The course is designed for those already working in Release Management, who would like to broaden their knowledge of the subject and wish to gain a suitable qualification to demonstrate their level of competence, ability and knowledge of the subject.
The course is intended to promote ITIL ‘Best Practice’ in Release Management, and allows the course attendees the opportunity to explore all aspects of Release Management in detail, through a series of lectures and interactive exercises.
Attendees must have already passed the ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management, and should ideally have at least one years experience working in Release Management.
The course ends with 2 one hour exams
· 1 hour ‘closed book’ written paper and
· 1 hour ‘closed book’ multiple-choice paper, with 25 questions
Both exams are based on a case study
What are the course objectives?
By the end of the course delegates will be able to demonstrate knowledge of:
· Goals Scope and Objectives of Release Management
· Release Planning, Policy and Implementation
· Roles, skills and interfaces of Release Management
· Release identification, packaging and mechanisms
· Type of Release
· Establishing and managing the Definitive Software Library
· Establishing and managing the Definitive Hardware Store
· Designing, building and configuring a release for rapid roll-outs that are right first time
· Delivery, roll out and implementation including distribution & installation
· Auditing, verification & acceptance of the release
· Key performance indicators and reporting
· Role of the ‘model office’
· Process relationships
Identifying the appropriate tools that the Release Manager can take advantage of:
· Change and Configuration
· Build management
· Software configuration
· Distribution and auditing